Image licensed from USA Today Sport
The Northern Illinois Huskies and the Toledo Rockets will both be looking for their fourth win of the season when they face each other in their sixth game of the season on Saturday. Both teams are 3-2 for the season.
Huskies win two straight for 3-2
The Huskies have made a solid comeback into the season with two straight wins that have pushed them back over 0.500 for the season. After beating ME 41-14, the Huskies beat Eastern Michigan 27-20 in their previous game.
As reported by AP: The Huskies (3-2, 1-0 Mid-American Conference) built their lead on a 5-yard run by quarterback Rocky Lombardi, a 28-yard field goal from John Richardson and Jaden Dolphin's 59-yard interception return.
Rocky Lombardi was 9 of 20 for 84 yards but the Huskies were helped out by their rushing game against the Eagles, which moved for 242 yards. The Huskies have passed for 156.2 yards per game.
Rockets win two straight but looking for momentum
The Rockets' season has been identical to the Huskies. They won the first game, lost the next two and then have won the next two to move to 3-2 for the season. In their previous game, the Rockets beat UMass 45-7.
According to the Associated Press, the Rockets piled up 455 yards while their defense held the Minutemen (0-5) to 134 with four turnovers and a 1-for-11 showing on third down.
Carter Bradley has had a decent season without being too flashy. He has passed for 912 yards with four touchdowns so far this season. The team has passed for 227 yards per game, which puts them 73rd in the country.
- olunteers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 home games.
- Volunteers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win.
- Volunteers are 1-7 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Volunteers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight-up win
- Gamecocks are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Gamecocks are 9-4-1 ATS in their last 14 road games vs. a team with a winning home record